Monday, December 30, 2013

Product, Result of Idea Collision

When I am asked about the project complete time, I also feel a little bit curious why the stock alert project, simple project, can be so long. So I count the past recorded task time in my google Doc. The "study" + "design" is 70%+, the coding is only about 27%. While my initial estimate on the project development is 3 months, 90 days. Now the actual coding quite match it.  The delay is mainly from "Study".

AdminCodingDeploymentDesignStudyTestingGrand Total
01751421517277
27.08%15.16%54.51%

Study! Yes, study, I study so many things in order to address the technical issues. The whole development process to me is more like a study process. I still can remember how I dozed away when watching Google cloud tutorial video. :) 

The following is the things for study. I know, the diagram is quite complex, which also surprise me. Initially I just want to come out a simple list. But its complexity pass the message, this is not a easy journey.


As my idol words, product is a collision of ideas. It starts from a unpolished idea, just like a open a window, then, you enter another new world, which is full of windows. This believing also imply how important to give the staff room for "mistakes". Because diamond is just a rock without polishing.




No comments:

Post a Comment